Being an early childhood educator is a rewarding career but can be extremely challenging. This year has brought a variety of new challenges because of COVID-19. Educators have had to restructure many aspects of their day to day interactions with their students. Since Atlas Training offers several learning choices on CDA Credential training, we have a vested interest in helping all educators succeed. There are many organizations out there that are designed to help early educators. Teachers who are facing challenges can explore the websites of these organizations and find several resources on age appropriate lesson plans, activities, and subjects.
Five of the Best Online Resources for Early Childhood Educators
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children: NAEYC is the largest organization in the world strictly dedicated to the betterment of young children. Early childhood educators will find a plethora of information on relating to children and understanding their development.
- The National Association for Child Development: This association offers several resources on educating children of all ages. Their website is broken down into several smaller sites about specific types of problems and concerns of teachers. It has been hailed as one of the best sites for early childhood teachers that want their students to reach their full potential.
- Resources for Early Learning: This website offers several different learning activities for children from birth to five years old. Whether you’re a new or experienced educator, you will find many ideas on how to encourage children to learn, grow, and have fun. Their activities include math, music, play, reading, science, communication, and art.
- The Gryphon House: This site was created by a distributor of children’s books. They have an excellent resource blog that covers current events that effect early childhood education. Besides having several free activities for students, they also offer lesson plans for each age and subject. Their store has several top selling books on early childhood education resources.
- The National Education Association: This association has more than 3 million members who are educators, students, activists, workers, parents, neighbors and friends. They believe in the power of public education to transform lives and create a just and inclusive society. NEA’s edcommunities is a place for teachers, parents, and other education professionals to share ideas and resources. There are several conferences and summit that the NEA has every year. The events include information on leadership, social justice, and training.
Thank you for reading our blog on the best online resources for early childhood educators. Atlas Training is a CDA Training program in Child Development. It offers Competency-Based Education (CBE) to participants on an interactive learning platform and is an alternative to the traditional online model of watching videos and taking a multiple choice quiz to demonstrate knowledge. Contact us today to learn more.