Atlas Training provides course designs that use principles of adult learning to ensure that students learn course content, practice content in field settings, demonstrate mastery through quantitative or qualitative assessments, and achieve all desired course outcomes.
Atlas Training uses an asynchronous online learning model, with assignments for each module due by the end of each month. Each module will take one month to complete, and only active or completed modules will be available to students.
The Atlas Training CDA Program is aligned to the CDA Competency Areas, with each CDA area addressed in respective modules. This cohesive, aligned structure ensures that program participants are able to meet the knowledge and skills requirements of the CDA credential upon completion of the program. The CDA Program Modules will follow the CDA Competency Areas, with one module for each of the following:
- Module 1: Foundational Module, including an introduction to course policies, procedures, and expectations; an introduction to the Atlas Training learning objectives; and requirements for program completion
- Module 2: Creating a Safe, Healthy Learning Environment
- Module 3: Advancing Children’s Physical and Intellectual Development
- Module 4: Advancing Children’s Social and Emotional Competence
- Module 5: Families, Management, and Professionalism
- Module 6: Creating a Professional Portfolio and Planning for Career Development
Student to Student Interaction: Atlas Training strongly values the benefits of social learning and provides students with opportunities to interact with peers. Each module includes specific assignments that require dialogue and discussions between students.
Instructor Interaction: Instructors serve as mentors and guides throughout the training program, providing ongoing feedback to students to support their understanding and application of program content to their work with children. Instructors are available to provide ongoing support to students prior to registration, throughout the cohort period, and for a three-month period following the completion of the program. (IACET 2.4, IACET 7.2)
Student Content Mastery and Reflection: Students will engage in numerous reading and field assignments to increase their knowledge, understanding, and application of course content. Students will reflect on course materials through a variety of assignments throughout the program.